I confess. I am a home party virgin. I have been asked numerous times to host, but I am afraid that my a) lack of confidence b) very messy house and c) not wanting to impose on family and friends gets in the way! So I decided to ask Lisa Watson of Partylite Gifts some of her tips on how to throw a fabulous home party, just in case I decide to be so inclined this upcoming holiday season!
Have you also checked out our archived post on making money by having home parties via NBC?
1. Invite guests that you want to spend an evening with! Remember this is ultimately about connecting, relaxing and having fun.
2. Use the personal touch – Everyone loves eventbrite and evite but for that extra personal touch – call or invite everyone on your invitation list personally. This ensures you get the best results.
3. Food and Drinks – KISS (Keep It Succulently Simple). By doing this, your guests get to interact and ‘catch up’ with you instead of them trying to chase you down in the kitchen! A little wine or some cocktails might help to break the ice and get your guests interacting more.
4. Make it a couples party! Invite the partners too, you might be surprised by how many men actually have a keen interest in what is being promoted. At the very least, tell them there will be ample food and drinks and that is sure to get their attention!
5. “Just do it”! Hosting a party is a fantastic way to get the products you love at little or no cost. Not to mention, it’s the best way to start your own home based business for little or no cost.
6. Use Social Media. Create a Facebook event, connect with people on LinkedIN and Tweet about your party. Get advice from others who have thrown fabulous parties in the past and get their advice. Or crowd source for great party ideas. It gets everyone excited and thinking about the product before your party.
7. Encourage each of your guests to bring a friend. I like to thank those gets that do that by giving a small gift. Your guest feels great that they received something just for showing up. It really helps set the mood for the party to be light and friendly!
8. If an invitee can’t make it to your party, don’t despair! Send out information on how to purchase the products or who to contact for more information.
9. Most importantly, be prepared to have fun and laugh. Only host if you really want to and really like the product you are promoting. Women that take time to come out for an evening want to be able to relax and enjoy so don’t be afraid to do the same ☺
10. Book another party! Be sure to book another party for yourself or for one of your attendees. Many direct sales companies offer amazing host/ess benefits simply for throwing a great party!