5 tips for great Blogging
There are millions of bloggers out there writing about their days, many are great, many more are tiring. In my year of blogging I have had various posts sky rocket while others fall in the dust. When I look back at the most successful posts, a few things were apparent in each of them.
If you are interested in blogging, take these tips and apply them!
- Be honest… gut wrenchingly honest. We get to read lots of submissions and can see when someone is “almost” being honest…. But they aren’t quite there. Honest is vulnerable, scary and makes for fantastic reading!
- Have an opinion – it doesn’t really matter what the opinion is, as long as you have one. Don’t be wishy washy, state what you think and which side of the line you are standing on and be confident!
- Have personality – some writers have a conversation with you on the stage, others provide research based articles… either way, make sure you have a personality to your posts. The objective is that you are having your readers join you on a journey, or finding the solution to a problem.
- Bring in emotion – be funny, be angry, be sad… emotion is fabulous (and is the result of points 1,2 & 3 coming together) Blogs can be a roller coaster of the writers’ emotion.
- Think before you post – find an editor to check your spelling (or grammar eek!) and make sure you are okay with your thoughts being shared with the world! Even the people you don’t think will see it, may read it!
Last but not least, make sure you have a forum to share your writing, and receive comments! The most rewarding part of blogging (other than getting that noise out of your brain) is to communicate back and forth with your readers! Share your posts, and find your fans!
Julie Nowell is a writer and speaker, and co-founder of mom inc MOVEMENT… oh and blogger.. she does a bit of that as well!
Other articles you might like…..